VGP-BPS9-S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGP-BPS9-S

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review_2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review_2 Empty
PostSubject: Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review_2   Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review_2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:14 pm

This can be a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver i bought from Mobile Pleasurable Ltd, I bought this to plug to my O2 XDA 2i PDA plus it cost around £ forty. I was intially seeking on google for cheap GPS receivers which came up as the lowest priced. I thought at that price they'll be a catch, and the particular catch usually being inadequate performance, but I was pleasantly surprised! This thing really works, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews with this device I created very little other compared to the reviews from Mobile Pleasure Ltd, which I was unwilling to trust for anxiety about them being somewhat biased. We thought for £ 40 I'll have a chance and so purchased, all credit to Phone Fun the receiver arrived the next morning. Upon opening the box I was just a little disappointed, all the there was by way of instructions was a small-scale sheet of paper that were loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of a dyslexic toddler. You can download you manual from here as well as the Tomtom pairing manual as a result of here. After following these instructions you'll have it set up very fast. Another thing I noticed was that there is no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere around the device or the packaging, which makes searching for support quite difficult.
A nice touch because of this little device is that must be supplied with a battery that is common to a lot of Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer electric battery, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means that you could get replacement batteries for these receivers approximately £ 4 which is good to be aware of should you need you.
What's In The Proverbial box?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v Around Car Adapter (USB) x1 Simple Instructions x1 Battery x1 USB Charging Cable x1
Set up
Provided you follow that limited instructions for pairing together with your device, and the Tomtom launch instructions, you should be launched and established in less than 5 a matter of minutes. I have only recharged the receiver once since i have bought it about three months ago, the battery just appears to last forever! The supplied in car charger and USB cable ensures that the receiver can be charged on the go from a 12v source and can certainly be charged from any HOME PC or laptop. From cold launch the receiver aquires any usuable GPS signal exremely quickly, quicker than most of your really expensive GPS receivers that I've come in contact with. The device is extremely small and will easily fit into any space ?nside your car, or even your pocket when you are using it for strolling or cycling.
One small problem I did have is that when working with it with my XDA 2i all the Tomtom software would normally freeze and cause me to end the car, reboot this phone, then carry for my journey. At first I thought this was caused by the XDA losing its hitting the ground with the bluetooth receiver and therefore confirming my fears about the asking price of this product. It quickly became visible that this was not the case and it was the truth is an issue with my PDA and the Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround with this issue between the Tomtom program and my XDA that enables the whole system to your job flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' about this workaround shortly as I believe many other XDA 2i users share precisely the same problem.
I do know that there are a known issue when working with any bluetooth GPS receivers while using O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) as a result of bluetooth stack settings which can be shipped with the cellular phone, please be aware about this before buying this device because you are sure to encounter challenges.
Key Features
Compatible together with TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software packages. 12 parallel satellite-tracking stations for fast acquisition and even reacquisition. Provides superior course-plotting performance in city situations. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides a lot more than 10 hours of regular use. Unit can be charged together with the included car charger while still used. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge not just the Bluetooth GPS Receiver and compatible PDAs & Smart Phones using the same charger. 3 colours Resulted in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities of your device.
Specifications
GPS device: L1, C/A code, 12 stations Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) or even better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) or even betterTTFF (Time to Initial Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) / 60s (95% possibility) Cozy Start: 35s (average) / 40s (95% possibility) Very hot Start: 2s (minimum) / 6s (95% possibility) Ranking accuracy: Standard Positioning Program (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: approx. 5m Measurement data end result: Update time: 1 2nd NMEA output protocol: V. 3. 01 Baud price: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Kind: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Energy consumption: 75mA (average) Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. two compliant Class 2 business (up to 10 metre range) Serial Slot Profile (SPP) Output terminal: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Sort: Built in Patch Antenna Solar battery: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer electric battery, built-in charger LED: Energy (red), GPS (green), Bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) x 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Working temperature: -20° C ~ +60° D Storage temperature: -20° D ~ +60° C; Electric battery: -20° C ~ +45° D
Conclusion
A great little system that performs well beyond its price structure. Check if there is any known difficulty with your device and bluetooth GPS receivers before purchase as this can save you a lot of issues. The only thing that lets this strategy down is a lessening of documentation and online sustain, other than this definitely worth the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews score: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://vgp-bps9-s.forumotion.com

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review_2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VGP-BPS9-S :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: