VGP-BPS9-S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGP-BPS9-S

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Friday ASUS Eee PERSONAL PC 1015PEM-PU17-BK 10. 1-Inch Netbook (Black).

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Black Friday ASUS Eee PERSONAL PC 1015PEM-PU17-BK 10. 1-Inch Netbook (Black). Empty
PostSubject: Black Friday ASUS Eee PERSONAL PC 1015PEM-PU17-BK 10. 1-Inch Netbook (Black).   Black Friday ASUS Eee PERSONAL PC 1015PEM-PU17-BK 10. 1-Inch Netbook (Black). EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 pm

by Nikajuju

in Shopping / Electronics     (submitted 2011-09-06)

In a time where netbooks happen to be thrown under the mci motor coach and replaced by really, fancy tablets like typically the HP Slate and Iphone, Asus shows that they have mastered the netbook from releasing a refined version of this already stellar 1015 sequence. This is my further netbook and I even own a IPad, Dell v13, Sony vaio, and two quad core desktop computers(I do not keep them all within place of course) Me like my IPad for entertainment and being consumer of the Online world, but really missed using a keyboard and mouse designed for "getting stuff done" and Asus maintain a pool of highest quality keyboard and mouse of all the netbooks I have tried. I have replaced typically the os with Ubuntu 10. 10 Unity and it has worked well. The system came with Windows 7 starter we used once and the application seemed proficient, but I do not really use Windows much so I can not really speak on their behalf. It also had the next "quick boot" os that appeared to be a stripped down adaptation of Linux, but I am only guessing here. This did not serve much purpose personally. As far as Ubuntu Unity it's running pretty well, but still needs a little give good results. I put it on just to mess with and contains been good enough to stay for regular use. The only things lacking on flow are memory, it comes with a particular gig of ram and even I am guessing most people are going to want to upgrade to 2 gigs. Also, the graphics card is nothing to write home about, but Asus has an additional version of the 1015 with a ion graphics card for everyone interested(I personally was fine together with the sub par graphics card and did not have any use for the less affordable graphics card. ) I have been able to play flash without the need for tearing which happened concerning my old netbook, so maybe the addition of the atom n550 is enough to move flash. I do not usage flash often though so maybe May very well just been lucky. overviewcpu: atom n550 seems fast for an atom, but you can still tell your may be Atom processor. Ram: ddr3 is nice and fast would have liked 2 gig since the default. Screen: Resolution seems good enough. The matte finish is good for outdoor use. Battery: Good, says 13 hours, but I get 10 using Ubuntu Unitykeyboard: A+, like the chiclet keyboards! mouse: good. Large for a netbook and it has a nice silky silicone coating over it. bluetooth: mine was disabled by defualt. I'm guessing to save battery. I had hit F2 at boot in order to enter the BIOS not to mention enable the bluetooth. wifi: Driver works on Linux. Camera: Good enough, but noting special. It has an outdoor little cover that glides over lens and disables the device to save power you should definitely in use. Works within linux. Charger: Nice as well as small. Everything works through Linux using Ubuntu 10. 10 Unity, for anyone who cares about it. The only quark may be the wifi driver is propriety, so i had to enable it from the restricted drivers, but absolutely no other issues. http: //netbookblackfridaydeals. com/black-friday-asus-eee-pc-1015pem-pu17-bk-10-1-inch-netbook-black/
Back to top Go down
https://vgp-bps9-s.forumotion.com

Black Friday ASUS Eee PERSONAL PC 1015PEM-PU17-BK 10. 1-Inch Netbook (Black).
Page 1 of 1